Tuesday, November 12, 2013

10 down! 40 to go.

Greetings from snowy Too Fat headquarters.  I woke up this morning to a few inches of snow on the ground and a good weigh-in.  My current weight is 241.7 pounds, which means I am down a full 10 pounds!  I am 1/5th of the way to my goal weight loss of 50 pounds.

So far, I think the biggest reason for my weight loss has been the reduction in size of my portions during meals.  I appreciate all the diet tips, but I have found them almost impossible to follow.  Don't get me wrong... I love eating meat (that's what she said!), but the Paleo and Bullet Proof diets have been a challenge for me.  I've followed a variation of both of them, but haven't been successful in following them 100 percent accurately.  I would say that, of the two, I have more closely followed the Paleo diet.  I've been eating loads of proteins, fruits and vegetables.  I start my days off with an egg white and spinach wrap.  I try to do a salad or some lean protein for lunch.  For dinner, we've been making chili and other assorted goodies.  I've also drastically cut down the amount of sugar and sodium in my diet.  But, to be fair, it is Halloween candy season so I haven't been perfect.

Sorry for the lack of video this week.  I am working on something, but it is taking up my time and I hope to have it ready for next week's weigh-in.

One final note.  I have signed up for the Pittsburgh Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving morning.  My sister will be running with me and I will be bringing the cameras to do a video for you all.

That's it for now.  I'm 10 pounds closer to fitting into some sweet, hipster approved, skinny jeans.  So long from Too Fat 4 Skinny Jeans headquarters.  You stay classy, planet earth.

1 comment: